A New Take on First Monday

 A recurring reminder on this blog is to spend one day per month mending items that still have lots of use in them but need repair. For example, a button, a hem, a snag. I remember the days when entire seasons would pass and items I had set aside for mending gathered dust.  So imagine how happy I was to find this little challenge over at "Sew Retro!" This embraces my philosophy entirely. The premise is simple and I think it is a great idea. So, I have provided a link so you can see for yourself.  While you are there I am sure you will be inspired by Shelley's retro interpretations. The project starts June 1, 2011.

http://sewretro.blogspot.com/


Circle the Wagons, it's the Official Launch of Make & Mend 2011!

So who's with me! Come on gals and dudes! Lets Make and Mend!

  Gotta love the message. Even those at home could contribute to the war effort. There are a couple similar challenges out there now, but I like this one because it has a reasonable time limit.  Lets have fun, yes?

Gratuity Moment: our Robins eggs have hatched, all seems well with the triplets.

  • My work list includes:
  • repair large snag in an open weave cotton/silk pull over sweater
  • Two pairs of elastic waist pants are way too big and need major reconstruction. They need the crotch length reduced waistbands moved....*they were on sale, didn't try on, RTW sizing is so off, they are both the same size, totally different. I bought these two years ago. They have been in a holding pattern since then.
  • Another sweater, shell style has snag/tear at the neckline. Not sure how I will fix that.
  • replace PJ bottoms made from lavender knit, hate them. Fabric is too lightweight.  That is all for now.

Comments