 |
| pre-cut panel |
On a recent trip to IKEA, I spent a bit of time looking at the fabric collection. Bright, fresh and happy fabrics. I chose two fabrics that I thought would be great for cushion covers for two white rocking chairs on my front porch. It is porch season, yea! Well, as I approached the cutting table the young man assigned to that area complained of a gastric problem and skipped off to the facility, never to return. Now, I had already been in the store an hour or so and needed to check out so I started looking at a collection of pre-cut panels. Well can I just say jackpot? Cute, cute, cute. The one I selected was probably designed to be kitchen curtains, but I saw apron. It is a two yard piece and perfect for my plans. Cost was not much, didn't keep the receipt which is unusual me but probably around $6 or $7.

Each element is evenly placed on a white background. I bought some orange bias tape for the edges, should be cute. It is a little wrinkly, 100% cotton, but a little pressing never stopped me.
 |
| can you believe this is so cute? |
 |
| I am in love! |
 |
| Dig that potato! |
 |
| great color |
 |
| berry sweet |
 |
| my favorite vege |
Who wouldn't fall for an onion in a little checked apron?
This little one might be a new theme for my blog.
I have mentioned in the past that I am sort of sloppy when I cook and garden. Actually, even when I sew I end up with thread everywhere. An apron keeps my clothes protected and I like that I can make something quickly and enjoy it. My at home wardrobe is really very simple now, mostly jeans and T shirt or some simple kind of knit pant. The apron adds color and home-style to my simpler life. It is a good life, but needs a pop of color and style. My earlier posts actually started with a new collection of aprons I had just finished. The blog started as a format for keeping track of what I made and chronicle blips along the way. In conjunction with my little composition books where I keep notes etc. it keeps me on track.
So here is the latest fabric for apron happiness. Hope your day is full of happy little vegetables just waiting to be given a platform to perform .
Comments