Feather my Nest-Meet Rocky

I believe I have mentioned in a prior post that I live in the woods. There are hundreds of trees for the sweet little birdies to nest. This crew did not get the memo and built a little high rise condo in a barn window, right above the door. Now just so you know, these mama's will charge you and peck at you if you approach their nest. So there will be no going in there to retrieve summer gear for a while.
renters    

So what's a girl to do....go to Ebay. I know, not much of a segue, but it's all I have right now:)  I have been searching for a prime Singer Rockateer for a couple years. This is the last of the gear driven Singers, heavy duty industrial type sewing. I found this beauty a couple days ago and have been watching, but decided (after a positive sign from husband) to bring her home. Did I need another sewing machine? Noooo. But this one is a quest. Many years ago, while the earth was being formed, I entered nurses training. At that time sewing was practiced by many and considered a sign of good education. In a basement room of our new dormitory a sewing center was set up. Talk about Alice in Wonderland! There were several types of machines. The new fancy Touch N Sews and,  of course, some stunning Rockateers. While most were partying and studying, surely, I was in the basement bonding with a Rockateer.  Since then I have lusted for this machine. I am so excited that I can hardly wait.

 Meet my Rocky:


EXC SINGER 500A 500 ROCKETEER SEWING MACHINE 401 STYLE
So, I will introduce her and her cams and all her fancy stuff in the near future. I can now sleep tonight.

EXC SINGER 500A 500 ROCKETEER SEWING MACHINE 401 STYLE

COMPLETELY SERVICED WITH WARRANTY INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH















Comments