
If you have the time, hop on over to Ms. Tilly's blog and check out the latest challenge. For whatever reason, I think we all have to juggle our time to fit in sewing. Tilly agrees. As do many others who have commented on her blog. Over a two week period, a time frame that you choose, she would like us to keep track of how much time we sew, daily, weekly. Her ultimate goal is to gather tips from other sewers about how best to use our time. I think it is a grand idea. I am always trying to better organize my time to be more efficient but I still want to enjoy sewing, whatever I am making.
I do keep track (loosely) of my creative time on my calender. This is my type of shorthand:
Q=quilt 1 hour, S=garment sewing 1 hour, K=knit 30 min, etc. you get the idea. When I am being efficient I add up that time at the end of the week to see if I did get anything done. This project will help me streamline that process and increase my level of accountability.
My inspiration to get things done in small blocks of time came from a Nancy Zieman book
available on Amazon.com.
|
|
| |
|
|
I still use the hints from this book. I am always surprised what I can get done in small blocks of time. For example, one of my least favorite sewing chores is the tracing of a pattern and cutting out the fabric. Tedium, I think that is what the problem is, boring! So I tend to set a block of time aside to cut a couple items at one time. Then I assemble everything needed for that project and can get started, in small blocks of time. So, I am up for this. While this is not the best time of all to do this, I will enjoy analyzing my progress during this busy two weeks. Maybe it will give me the boost I need. This link will take you over to Tilly's.
http://www.tillyandthebuttons.com/
| | | |
| | | | | | | | |
| |
Comments