Landscape quilting

the two rolled groups and the two large pieces are hand-dyed
 I have always admired landscape quilts. I have seen them in quilt shows, art galleries and books. Sewing with Nancy, the PBS series, featured a series on constructing the landscape quilt. I needed a class. By grand coincidence, my quilt guild, Three Rivers Quilters, is offering a class this month. I am so excited. To that end, I went on the search for the fabrics that I would need for the class. Since our Annual Guild Show has some great vendors I was really lucky to find this great collection of hand-dyed fabrics.   
close up of hand-dyes
The fabric on the top is much more autumn colors than this photo shows. I love autumn and all those glorious colors. The fabric on the bottom is blue-grays. I'm thinking winter sky. Updates to follow.

The link will take you to the TRQ website where the class description is displayed along with the project. Getting excited. I plan to make the class project and hopefully move on to other photo based projects.

http://threeriversquilters.org/classes.html

Nancy's Notions items that started this whole need to learn quest
http://search.nancysnotions.com/?q=landscape+quilting&sp_cs=UTF-8

*I have no affiliations or compensation from this retailer, just a satisfied customer

Comments

julochka said…
oh, nice!! i've not ever been moved to make the picture quilts, but i really admire the ones i've seen. it seems closer to art than the craft side of quilting that i'm currently enamored of! :-) (of which i'm enamored?) anyway. i look forward to seeing your results!!

xox,
/j