Friendly reminder-Vintage fashion lovers

 
And don’t forget – more period drama from MASTERPIECE on PBS with Upstairs Downstairs coming in April. The saga continues at 165 Eaton Place with new characters, both upstairs and down.
In this three-part update to the much-loved MASTERPIECE series from the 1970s. Jean Marsh returns as Rose with a stellar cast including Dame Eileen Atkins, Keeley Hawes, Ed Stoppard, Claire Foy, and Ellie Kendrick. Set in 1936, the lives of masters and servants have never been so captivating.
The new Upstairs Downstairs airs on MASTERPIECE Classic on Sundays, April 10, 17, and 24, 2011 at 9pm ET on PBS.

I admit a passion for these period productions. Unfortunately, I never saw the original series. My work schedule did not permit it and VCR's and DVR's had not yet been invented! Hint, hint, children of mine, there is a DVD available and Mum has a birthday coming up......I study the fashions about as much as I follow the storyline. I record the program and when time permits I replay it, use the stop function, sketch the clothing, and incorporate elements into my work. While this may seem excessive to some, it is an educational process for me, a passion for detail, a penchant for style, and a momentary escape from the daily uniform of blue jeans and shirts.

Comments