Flea Market Bonanza

two volume set
 In the early 1990's Georgia Bonesteel became a PBS star. Her revolutionary quilting style brought the quilting world to a new awareness. She told us it was OK to
diagrams and instructions
"quilt" in a lap frame, a hoop. No longer were we expected to set up the big floor frames to finished off the pieced and appliqued tops that we had labored over. She also started the new trend of using template plastic for piecing. No more cutting up cardboard for our templates. The biggest drawback for the cardboard templates was that they wore down on the edges after multiple tracings and our pieces were not uniform. That, in and of itself, led to wonky pieces. To introduce us to the new templates, she published this series of patterns. I picked these up at our Quilt Guild flea market, $2.00 each. I know, can you believe it? Anyway, each book is full of traditional and novelty patterns at three different skill levels: beginner (not many of these) intermediate and advanced. There are detailed instructions, line drawings, some photos and templates for each pattern. I will admit that I might not get to these for a while (or maybe never, like the previous owner because only a few of templates have been used) However, I just could not let these get away. So on the book shelf they go for future reference.
plastic templates

Comments