Button, Button, who's got the Button?

Nothing like a quilt show to get the juices flowing! One of the best elements of a large show is perusing the contents of the vendors wares. More and more often when discussing fabric supplies in  blogland and with other sewists, we bemoan the loss of the private storefronts. The large chain stores are carrying less and less quality fabrics. While there are some wonderful on-line  storefronts, there is nothing like touching the fabric, feeling the texture, gauging the drape. This vendor, in Pittsburgh's "Strip District" is a new participant. Open about one year, they carry beautiful fabrics, notions, and trims.  This beautiful button spoke to me. I see it on the not-yet-complete shawl seen previously here on Bertie. Now I will add that crocheted edge and the new button. In the near future, I will visit this store. The owners are enthusiastic and anxious to build a new business that caters to the sewing public. Supporting local merchants is a great way to support the local economy and expand the sewing world in your neighborhood.

Comments