Sunday: plan and post

Well, talk about a busy day. I am trying to be more organized with posting. I have had things ready to add but just didn't get to it until today. I am going to try to do a twice weekly format. Probably Wednesday and Sunday. I try to plan my week on Sunday's so, hopefully, I will do better:) The plan for this weeks sewing/needlework agenda:

1.) Sort through and organize pattern stash. I am going to re-categorize by type. Coats, shirts/blouses/t's, skirts and dresses, pants/shorts, suits/mini-wardrobe etc. Older patterns are going back to long-term storage. (chest of drawers in laundry room) The ones I hope to use for this season and Fall 2011 are in Ikea baskets in the sewing nook. Will try to get some decent photo's of the sewing space.

2.) Cut out, sew, embellish white knit T, B5215 view B. I am going to play with the knit ruffle/floweret idea.

3.) "Miss Feathers" needs a lube! (My 1948 Featherweight 221) I use her for quilting classes instead of hauling the super-heavy computerized machines. For some reason I cannot capture her photo right now, future post.

4.) Wash, dry and press new fabrics. I know, I slipped. The stash is never going to go down with this going on. But in my defense, I need to replace all my daily-wear pants for Spring/Summer! So, we have a nice denim (with 1% spandex, ) a navy blue poplin bottom weight, and a delightful black & white polka-dot poly! That beauty is screaming blouse with ruffles! There is also a white cotton/poly that I can tell right now was a mistake. Too thin, wrinkles like crazy, likely drop-cloth candidate!

5.) I have a Red-White & Blue Patriot Quilt that I am hand stitching, during TV time. I need to get all the rows stitched together and finalize the assembly. Lots of pressing needed there too.

I will get them posted with their potential patterns hopefully by Wednesday.
Hope everyone has a happy week with lots of projects and inspiration!

Comments