Bertie says...are you ever going to finish this?


I am always cold. If I sit down to read, watch TV or quilt, I need a little cover. On that note, I picked up some Lion Brand acrylic (wool allergy here) self patterning textured yarn. I cast on 180 stitches, using a double pointed needle in the round and just mindlessly knit every row, turning the work at the end of each row working the piece on the long edge. This created a raised rib all along the work. Originally I formed sleeves on the ends to wear it like a shrug. That didn't work so I removed those stitches and now am left with one long scarf-like piece, but now if feels unfinished. So I tried it on Bertie and looked at it for a while. I think it is asking for a crochet edge all around. I'll probably do that next, I have more yarn. I always buy one extra ball. I have a lot of small and large yarn balls hanging around! This will likely move to the back porch/patio area for summer evenings. Update in the future.

*having trouble rotating photo, sorry

Comments