Friday, May 16, 2014

Kaffe Fassett Exhibit at the American Museum in Britain



 Have you seen the video KAFFE 2014, The Wonderful World of Kaffe Fassett? Just take 5 minutes and view it here and you will be electrified.   The link was sent to me by dear Friend Rose and it was just what I needed to reformulate my Work-in-progress Kaffe piece. I have been stirring the whole thing around in my head and trying to decide how to proceed. I like the blocks, love the colors, not so keen on a quilt in this pattern. Then I thought of the framed piece that Marilyn brought in to our Sew and Sew group a couple weeks ago and I think I have it. In some ways I started with great enthusiasm but as it languishes on the design wall I have concluded it needs to be a wall piece. Not a 'hanging quilt' per se but a piece of art. For me, in my space. Saturated color to inspire. 

some of the blocks still on the wall

Some of my favorite take-away's from the video.
  • 00:47-Check out the multi-colored Shawl with the deep fringe. Yowsers! And the quilt on the wall, in the background, I have seen this one up close. It is beautiful.
  • 01:27-Another I have seen, stunning.
  • 01:58-Snowball quilt in Kaffe fabrics makes an entirely different presentation.
  • 02:27-Needlepoint, never done it, maybe someday. 
  • 03:15-Who does not love a pom-pom? Where are my rollerskates? Remember those? 
  • 03:18-No sedate Granny Squares here.
  • 03:47-Take note of the pumpkin shaped item on the center of the table. Is that decor or a pin cushion?   Things are sparking upstairs I'm telling you!
  • 04:14-I need, need, need that teapot. A head of cauliflower, are you kidding me?
  • 04:41-Buttons on hats? What a great idea. I can see some little girls that I know who would be all over that. 
Well, that just proved that I like just about everything, doesn't it. Book my Flight Fiona, I'm on my way to Bath. What a fantastic exhibit!!!
 


1 comment:

Jeanneke said...

Wow, thanks for that great Kaffe - link!!
I am going to share it on my blog.
Cheers,

Jeanneke.

Where Did She Go?

They seem to be asking the question....where did she go? She is still here Sewsts! She is returning to her role of full-time nurse and pa...