Cut It Out, You Know, That "Precious" Fabric That You Just Can't Bear To Cut!!!!

 

The Last Rose of 2024

 Did you know about the Precious Fabric Challenge 2024? I didn't either! Its part of the National Sewing Month Celebration and each of the listed blogger/vloggers are participating. There are prizes involved. Per Whitney Luckinbill...."What is precious fabric? Any fabric that is precious to you is perfect for this challenge. It can be something you bought on a whim without a plan, picked it up while on a trip, inherited it from a loved one, or splurged on a really beautiful bolt." 

 Vintage dress form Pictures, Vintage dress form Stock Photos & Images |  Depositphotos®

I had quite a few emails, unopened, that announced this little party and I wanted to share. This looks very interesting, I have some beautiful Batiks that I have left on the shelf because I don't know what to do with it. If you are considering some fabrics that you just need to use, consider the challenge, there are prizes!

Joining the challenge on Instagram is simple!

  1.  Use #preciousfabric24 and tag @tomkatstitcherycarmel when posting your make
  2. In the spirit of the challenge, you must submit a NEW make

Organization tips: cork board sewing project organizer

I do have some fabric in mind, it is beautiful rayon batik. I will jump into the big walk-in closet and pull them out. I had great plans for these but then the pandemic arrived and I had nowhere to wear these beauties.   Back to the closet they went.  *I was unable to download the schedule links here but you can go directly to the list, view it at your leisure! The sponsors have some great give away prizes!

30 video's are part of the challenge, all by sewing enthusiasts, HERE.

Visit Whitney of Tom Kat Stitchery and her stunning Italian Silk, HERE. 

Comments