Good afternoon Sewtopians! I am having a special tea time today. Why you ask? Well, because this beautiful set arrived on my door step yesterday. The cup is a delicate bone china, beautiful, absolutely beautiful, decorated with themes special to Queen Elizabeth II in celebration of her 70th Jubilee. A large tin of loose tea is also in the gift.
As a member of The Simply Luxurious Life blog site, I was eligible to enter the drawings that celebrated "British Week," an annual event that Shannon hosts on the blog. In August, she has "French Week" that celebrates the French culture. These events are loaded with wonderful information and Shannon shares the culture and her travel experiences. I am privileged to have been part of this great week.
Now for tea today, I have cucumbers marinating in their white balsamic vinaigrette and a cream cheese and chive spread for the sandwiches, my blueberry-lemon scones are baking as we speak, and the macarons were purchased. The queens tea will steep in one of my cherished pots, not sure which one.
You don't need an event or a fancy menu to have a personal tea or one with a partner or friends. I remember having a tea time with my older son in his tree house with tinned smoked oysters and saltines! I was able to climb then!
So, off I go to check on the scones, have a lovely day.
***Here is the link to Shannon's blog, HERE. There are several opportunities to immerse yourself in a finer
life. There is a free read and a couple layers of monthly fees. I have been a reader since the beginning, I have read both of her books and currently am joyfully reading the new book, a day book, The Road to Le Papillion. As Shannon always says, Bonne Journee!
Comments