Now I find this little drawing and motto- my monthly "Mending Monday" has passed and all those pants have been hemmed, so I will post this in the studio soon. Better late than never😊
Anyway, I hope you had an enjoyable weekend. One of my favorite experiences is the scent of newly cut grass, sunlight dappled among newly leafed out trees, and time to just savor the good things in life.
Warm weather has prompted me to wear my dresses. It is sort of different for me, it has been years since I was a regular dress wearer. It sure is an easy way to get ready for the day! Cooler too in the warm weather, a dress reminds me of my Mother and Aunts in the 1950's. Good times. I distinctly remember one Sunday afternoon when we gathered at the home of my maternal grandparents for a picnic. Oh, the ladies (including female children) were dressed in our picnic finest. My aunt had on a dress with a full skirt, including a crinoline slip and the most fantastic sandals. They were wedges, straw-like woven leather and the bling was a bouquet of little flowers and fruit on the toe box area. Oh my. Well, I have looked for something similar for years. I cannot wear a high heel wedge anymore but I do have a similar sandal, bought it last Winter.
Seriously, these run a bit large, I will need to make some sort of adjustment, maybe some of the double sided sticky tape? What I will do for a pair of red shoes. It is shameless!
OK, back to the original reason for this Monday post. You know I have followed Connie Kresin for years. Her quilt designs are always fresh and not difficult to make. Her color choices are always right on perfect for the designs she chooses. Last week she posted this beauty,
Made from strips, it is a quick sew, great for beginners, or for those of us who just want to make. She has a nice tutorial on her page and the pattern, as a PDF, is also available for a small fee. HERE is the link to the post. It measures 36 x 54 inches but can be altered to suit your needs. Pop over to see just how she makes this one.
- I am having some side effect issues with the new medication for the nerve pain. At times, I am very light headed. (don't say it, I can hear you, you know!💫) I have never experienced anything like this before. It is the lowest dose recommended for therapy, but historically I have sensitivities to many medications so this is no big surprise. As I write this, it is the worst so far. The meds do help the pain, I hope this passes.
- It is Monday, a nice little pot of chicken soup is simmering on the cooker and the first loaf of sourdough bread is done. This is a recipe using the bread machine! A 1 lb loaf this time. I enjoy the experiment, particularly when it is edible. My recipe schedule has remained mostly the same for decades. Sunday is a roast and Monday is left overs, if any, and a soup, even in Summer. It works well for the way I shop and cook.
- The first sour dough waffles, truly the best I have ever had and that includes the ones I had at a charming little cafe in Paris. A bit of work but worth every bit of it. With this sour dough frenzy I am out of flour! I have never been out of All Purpose flour, as soon as DIL gets home I will borrow 2 cups to feed the starter. Who knew?


Comments
If it doesn't resolve I hope they offer an alternative that helps. Take care!