Tulips, A Vintage Easter Card, Baking Day, Puff Pastry

Some tulips for your table!

A quick little hello, Saturday is traditionally my baking day. Between projects I put my feet up and did a little scanning. The Vintage cards are so sweet, so innocent, and charming. 

  •  May be a cartoon of standingThe bread for the day will be an Easter Bread. I am going to change things up a bit. A priest at a local parish shared his great grandmothers recipe. That will be the one. It makes three loaves! There will be sharing.
  • Someone around here requested chocolate chip cookies! Cookies?
  • Lemon Bars, a favorite of mine from Deb Perlman's Smitten Kitchen cookbook, is perfect for a Spring holiday. 
  • A puff pastry asparagus savory tart. Photo's to follow if I can. 

A Strawberry turnover for husband, I have been playing a lot with puff pastry!

Have a lovely weekend.  

Comments

marly said…
So many variations on Easter bread. A Polish stitcher offered her recipe to me, different than my mom's. Sister's MIL used cardamon, others used five different flavors, Fiori de Sicilia, or the Greek mastic which I have never mastered. The traditions and ethnic foods shared by clubs or "homes" here back in the day are a great loss. Happy Easter to you and yours, enjoy that bread.