Little House on the Quilt Frame

 https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p843x403/157284158_4020881211277819_284972426782877095_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=LowSAEkYxtwAX_HNmim&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.fna&tp=6&oh=e4138cd6d7e83388269579d852e84ba8&oe=6067FC29I am just finishing my 8th cup of tea and thought I would share this sweet little house quilt. Months and months ago there was an online challenge in a couple of quilt groups. These ladies were starting to get antsy wondering how they would use their time during quarantine. The decision was made, since they were confined to their houses, they would make 1 house block a day. They pre-determined they would stop when the lock-downs were over. Well, that took a while, a long while! And for most of us, almost a year later, we are still very restricted. So they chose a new end date, would be 100.

 These quilters were from all over the country, each working independently and occasionally sharing their angst and tedious situations while quilting their house blocks. This lady finished hers recently, entered it in a show,  isn't it adorable? It is 10 blocks by 10 blocks. I had all her information on an open tab in my computer and whoops, deleted it. I have searched in vain, but I still needed to show you the quilt. Can you stand it? I would have loved to do it too but knew I could not ever keep their pace. Bravo!    

My Photo

I also just read a post by "Bunny" who writes the blog The Sewista. A very accomplished sewist, bunny voiced her opinions about a problem that many of us who follow online sewing forums have discovered. There is ageism in the sewing community! In this day of guarded thoughts and conversations, it is refreshing to see someone, in my age arena, clearly state what I have noticed but unable to verbalize. Interested? Check HERE!  

 

Just had to share this pic of a modified cart, who doesn't need a 30 foot pink poodle covering on your little buggy, right"

  • Beautiful sunlight the last few days, it is glorious, BUT, I have noticed some things.
  • My windows really need washed, again, so soon? 
  • In the sun, my hands look really old!
  • I very much dislike these darkening eyeglasses. They don't get dark enough, it takes too long for them to return to normal, and I feel like one of the mice in Three Blind Mice. Oh my, is that banned? Am I being insensitive? Did I misspeak? Too bad, I hate these glasses and they are going! 

Comments