Block-of-the-Month projects

 Good Morning fellow stitchers!

The books, lots and lots of books. I am seriously considering changing our formal living room into a library. I would like to have all my cookbooks, general reading and reference books all in one place. The sewing books will stay in the studio. I think. More on that after this darn kitchen is done. 

Unearthing antique pieces while cleaning out. This little creamer sat on husbands grandmothers table since he was a child. My son played with it in the 1970's, it went to him.

My Mum said leave the workmen alone! Right!

January, more than any other month, brings out the by the month projects. Several designers offer free designs for those who need a little something, maybe something different, to try. Be it hand embroidery, machine embroidery, quilts, or yarn blocks to assemble at the end of the year, they are all good. Doing one project for month is do-able for most of us and it provides an opportunity to complete something! 

Having friends who are unbelievably creative always helps. They inspire. Having a collection of resources is also helps. Reading and studying elements of a craft strengthens our foundation to learn.

  • A beautiful and kind woman, Jenny shares her gift freely with her readers. She approaches life with such insight, I never cease to be amazed at how she prioritizes her life, her responsibilities, and her family. For 2021 she is offering a sweet little BOM project.
 

Comments

Jeanneke said…
Oh, I love the String Frenzy book on top of the pile. And, ofcourse, the beautiful book I 'won' in your give away once.
Although I can't do any precious quilting or stitching anymore it's always wonderful to have the books with projects at hand or home.
I do love Jenny's blog and life's approach, too. So much to learn and share.
As well as at yours, dear friend.
Love and blessings, patience in the kitchen re-do!

Jeanneke.
celkalee said…
Thank you dear friend, Happy New Year. I know you are restarting your walking marathon! Best wishes, stay well!
Glen P said…
Lovely blog, thanks for taking the time to share this.