I have been doing a little clean-out. These are all old wooden spool threads from a sewing table that I inherited. I included the table in MIL's estate sale, apparently, it had no value? It "disappeared" from the seller's inventory. As an antique, I was sure it would fetch something but when the sheister removed his mask it was too late. Trust is a fragile thing. I digress.
Since finding bread flour is almost impossible right now I am experimenting with new recipes. This one, from The Daily Connoisseur, looks promising. My mother's go-to recipe is nowhere to be found, I don't even know where her favorite cookbook went. She moved several times and it likely got lost in the shuffle. This Youtube video shows how Jennifer Scotte makes yogurt and bread, HERE. I usually use my breadmaker, it is now about 10 years old and still going but I decided to plan ahead and pick up another one, on sale, just in case.
When I first started using a bread machine they were very expensive, which was 40 years ago. In that time I have only purchased one more after the first one gave it up! Not too bad for a small appliance. I have changed brands here, but the price was too good to pass.
I applaud those making face masks. There are several different styles and methods circulating the web sites and Facebook. Yesterday there was actually quite a kerfluffle on one of my favorite sewing sites about which is better, what fabric, what kind of ties, are pipe cleaners OK for the nasal bridge? On and on, hundreds of comments, lots of them testy. When the moderators shut of comments several people were quite sure there was a conspiracy at work! Oh my, is this what we have come to? There are some people cutting up fiberglass furnace filters for liners! Good grief, we are trying to save people not kill them! 😡
On that note, let's think of something pretty, grab a cup of tea, or coffee, and browse this beautiful website. Such beautiful work.
Since finding bread flour is almost impossible right now I am experimenting with new recipes. This one, from The Daily Connoisseur, looks promising. My mother's go-to recipe is nowhere to be found, I don't even know where her favorite cookbook went. She moved several times and it likely got lost in the shuffle. This Youtube video shows how Jennifer Scotte makes yogurt and bread, HERE. I usually use my breadmaker, it is now about 10 years old and still going but I decided to plan ahead and pick up another one, on sale, just in case.
I applaud those making face masks. There are several different styles and methods circulating the web sites and Facebook. Yesterday there was actually quite a kerfluffle on one of my favorite sewing sites about which is better, what fabric, what kind of ties, are pipe cleaners OK for the nasal bridge? On and on, hundreds of comments, lots of them testy. When the moderators shut of comments several people were quite sure there was a conspiracy at work! Oh my, is this what we have come to? There are some people cutting up fiberglass furnace filters for liners! Good grief, we are trying to save people not kill them! 😡
On that note, let's think of something pretty, grab a cup of tea, or coffee, and browse this beautiful website. Such beautiful work.
![]() |
| Do you know of Mary Corbet? What an amazing talent! Visit her website HERE! |


Comments