If you seek color, modern interpretation and beautiful composition, you have met Karen, from our Ladies of the Cloth neighborhood quilting group. I have profiled many quilters from that group here and they always inspire. This quilt is a treasure trove of Kaffe Fasset fabrics in a simple pattern that showcases all the design and color that are his trademark.
The backinng is beautiful as well. Karen wasn't sure but we thought it might be a Ginny Byers fabric. I sure does make the perfect coordination of color factor! Note the large square in the center of the quilt.
Karen quilted this one herself on a domestic machine. Just look at those artfully placed lines. A quilt like this is enhanced by such quilting.
The backinng is beautiful as well. Karen wasn't sure but we thought it might be a Ginny Byers fabric. I sure does make the perfect coordination of color factor! Note the large square in the center of the quilt.
Karen quilted this one herself on a domestic machine. Just look at those artfully placed lines. A quilt like this is enhanced by such quilting.
- When I work with such beautiful fabrics I find it very hard to cut them up. I think Karen has found a great solution for that.
- I believe she said this one measure 72 inches square.
- A new month, a new season is upon us. May your quilts be warm and loving to those who receive them.
Comments