A This and That Post, One Week Before Christmas

Preparing for the December Tea Time Tuesday was a bit of this and that! I am so busy doing what, I'm not sure!

I cheated on the cookies....there, you know the truth. Cheated.
Have you ever made these, from scratch? I did, once, they looked more like bird droppings than cookies, therefore, I bought. Cheated.
Cleaning the silver, still have some to do. At this time of year I put the whole group to work. Various teas and coffee's, hot water steaming along, sugar bowls and lemon plates ready to go. These are two pots from a new Vintage set I won on Ebay. It was sort of an accident really but once you push that button, you have a commitment.
I mix up several antique partial sets. I am shameless. I am preparing the coffee/tea bar for visitors. Here are just a few waiting to be staged for use.
This set, this coffee pot is from the turn of the century I am told. A young woman was cleaning out her great grandmother's possessions. She lives at the other end of the country. Her great grandmother was from Pennsylvania. The set returned home. A lovely young woman.  These photo's do not do justice to the pieces. I will use a camera soon to share better pictures.
Old and new trying to get ready for the big day!
The tray with the sugars and creamer sits on an inlaid wooden box made by my son, years ago. It is a tea caddy. I will also get some shots of the inlay. He did a beautiful job. In front is a Wendell-August Forge tray, from my Phipps Conservatory collection.
Lola is ready for the big day, 7 months now.
  • Decor is minimal this year, you-know-who is just too curious.
  • I really don't mind, I am much more relaxed.
  • Menu planned, few last minute items to pick up.
  • Hope you are enjoying the run-up to the holidays and not pressured. 






 

Comments