Sewtopia is Going to the Dogs!

Yesterday was a big day in Sewtopia. We went to the breeder to meet this sweet little girl. Her name will be Lola and she will come home with us in 2 weeks. She is a Double Doodle. What? I know, let me explain. Her Mother is a Labradoodle (Standard Poodle and Labrador Retriever cross) and her father is a Golden Doodle (Standard Poodle and Golden Retriever cross) She is sweet, friendly, smart, doesn't shed or drool. Some people call these "Designer Dogs." I call her adorable.

No automatic alt text available.
This is her litter, I know, can you stand it? Choosing one puppy out of this bundle of curly fur was not easy, just so you know.

Interestingly, all the puppies with very definitive markings are males. The breeder separated the females from the enclosure while we met the puppies. The male dogs were left inside and unbelievably jealous of the attention the girls were getting. So cute. The big guy, front and center, is one the breeder is keeping. He is bigger than all the others and very outgoing. 

Since I was second to choose a puppy much time was spent observing her actions and interactions. I want a social dog. She is that. The puppy on the right was the runner up and it was a difficult decision. The lady holding that one REALLY wanted her. She was apparently hiding her at one point from the rest of us. Odd, but that dog connected with her. And she with it. Competition in the puppy world, what is up with that?
  •   Lola will be 8 weeks old when she comes home. 
  • She has a pool already, other doo-dads to come. 
  • I will post about her now and then, hopefully not enough for you to remark....what's with the crazy dog lady? 


Comments

How adorable! I love that breed, our daughter in Michigan recently got a Labradoodle. It would have been neat to see a photo of the mother!
sandi s said…
She is adorable!!! Have fun. Hugs,