I just want to say on this semi-dreary Monday morning, I am about tired of this cold, ice and snow. Just needed to go on the record about that. To perk up my senses (don't laugh) I decided to make some pomanders. I made this on Saturday from a Clementine. I used an entire container of Cloves for this little bugger and had to run to the store to get more for the pear. I have plans. It will involve a lot of cloves, does anyone sell them by the bucket?

The Patient Pear. Waiting for her dressing. I had to use a wooden skewer on the Clementine because the skin was so think, bloody fingers I tell you, bloody fingers. The things I do for my projects!

Box number one DMC, bobbinated. These are primary colors and pastels mostly. I did find a couple bobbins tucked in bags from other projects, unmarked, sloppy wind. I put them on the right side there until I can match the colors to a number. Or maybe not, probably more trouble than its worth.

 Happy Dance, Happy Dance. These are the "Prim" colors recommended by the designers of the  Primitive Stitchers Society.   I pooped out around 1 am on Saturday and will work on it today if I get time. I will likely need another box. With regular activities, the RV show was in town and visitors I had a busy weekend but accomplished nothing at the machine. So let me show you a couple things that other people did and presented at the Ladies of the Cloth last Tuesday.

  Isn't this a beauty? Mary Jane was working on this already made quilt. It was a gift to her son that needed to be re-bound, love the pattern and the colors. No wonder he wanted it re-bound.

 And our Betty Jane is always, I mean always working her little fingers to the bone! This is black, gray and white 10 inch (approx) squares with the circles cut from string strips. Can you stand it? Too cute, very Sputnik or Planetarium inspired!

  • Organizing the studio and its contents is taking much longer than I expected. It is my fault. One because I have so much stuff (notice I didn't say too much stuff!) and two because I was sick for about 10 days. This bug takes the wind from your sails ladies. Kaput!
  • I enjoy doing little crafts again. I used to do this stuff all the time then got away from it when quilting took over. Now that I think about it a lot of other activities took a second seat to quilting. One of my goals for 2015, note I didn't say resolution, is to be a little more diverse in my activities.  
  • Today would have been my Mother's birthday, she was 96 when she passed last year. I miss her. Happy Birthday Mum.

Comments