The Tuesday Tea-Caught With My Sugar Bowl Empty!!!

Over the week-end we had family for dinner. Since the Season has been creeping up on me faster than I realized I was not totally prepared for using the Holiday finery. After Thanksgiving I use the Christmas Lenox for dinner. It is just too lovely to sit and wait for Christmas dinner. Anyway, one person wanted sugar for her coffee and all my sugar bowls had been emptied, cleaned and waiting for refill, ....well, since last Christmas!  We don't use much sugar here. I was obliged to drag out the giant clunky Lock-n-Lock sugar bin. Well, that's embarrassing.

For the tea cart I did a machine embroidery on this hemstitched piece of linen. Now before you pooh-pooh the 'machine' component of this project just remember that I had to cut out all those little bits to form the cut-work pattern! The scarf was purchased already hem stitched as well and it did take about 20 minutes for the pattern to stitch out. By hand it would have taken 3 years, I'm just saying.
We're ready now! We have the electric kettle, the silver-plate pot, mugs and a sugar bowl and creamer ready to go. I keep the tea cups and saucers in the cabinet because they are a bit fragile and quite frankly, we are not!

The teapot is part of a larger set. An Antique Sheffield piece, this pot has all it's parts and the hinges are strong.
 
Ready, willing and able, the sugar bowl and creamer are ready to be pressed into service.

Next, ironing and starching the table cloth. Maybe a little Elf will come along and do that for me. Well lets face it Tootsie, I am the only Elf around here!

****Some quilting info: Yesterday Bonnie Hunter addressed cutting issues. I think we all had dealt with this at one time or another or still do. I noticed the difference in rulers from brand to brand specifically the width of the marking lines. In this post Bonnie explains her method clearly. Pop on the link and you can read for yourself if you wish. I thought it expressed the dilemma clearly.  HERE.

Comments