Small Gifts, a Few Quiet Moments on Pinterest

On this last week end in November I suspect that many have their gifting for the Holidays well under control. Our family is quite small and our wish lists are small as well. For the Sewist the opportunities to express ourselves via hand-made gifts is limitless. Quilts of any size are always appreciated here. Mr. has spent his entire confinement under his favorite quilts, I never sleep without a quilt, or two. My sweet little Lucy also has her own collection of quilts that cushion her mattress.

Quilted, felted, knit or crochet accessories also permit the needle artist to offer a special item for sewing or knitting friends. Certainly a practical answer to the gift query, quilted items are easy to personalize as well. 
In recent years I have seen several charming 'baskets.' I think this one is perfect for a key catcher, a drop spot for change or a vessel to hold pretty Christmas ornaments.  Crochet basket #pattern
seen on Pinterest
Thread Catcher ~ The Beehive Cottage
another Pinterest find, all of us who do handwork know the angst of little thread or yarn snips.  This is one of the most practical ones I have seen. Using a plastic container (think sour cream or yogurt container)   one could have a collection of these in every work station. For those of us who meet as groups to stitch and talk it would be just right at the table.
Polish The Stars: 5 Minute No-Slip Dish Towel. Here's another easy sewing project...Multiple variations of this towel have circulated for years. This is a real quickie. Purchased towel and matching pot holder and a pretty button is all that is needed for a gift. I am thinking that many of us could whip this one up just from left over fabric trims!
A long pincushion attached to a quilted mat that goes under the sewing machine. Quiets the noise and shaking, and gives you a handy place for pins.Pinterest as well. I think this is a nice idea. I am rather hooked on magnetic pin catchers but I am thinking this would also be a nice alternative. I plan to make some new covers for the Vintage machines, a matching pin catcher might be just the ticket! 

Comments