In Your Dreams Tootsie, In Your Dreams!

Another day has been full of business and nonsense. Another day that escaped me. I do apologize for the lack of continuity here, but there is so much going on with health issues (not me) and getting ready for Mr.'s surgery on Monday that the hours are speeding along. I did get a lot accomplished today in spite of everything and managed to spend a few hours tonight with the current Quilt, a Christmas gift, and a thrilling opportunity to take my face plate off my machine to try to figure out why the automatic cutter was on the fritz. One thing I can say, the more doo-dad's you have on these machines the more fiddly they can be. I used my little brush as instructed, very little lint or thread there because I clean after each project, put it back together and it works fine. I have NO idea what was going on just that I spent an hour of precious sewing time futzing around! This precious pumpkin face doll resembles my reflection right now, particularly the glazed over eyes. Tomorrow is another crazy busy day. Time for my tea and to bed. 
Artists, what amazing inspiration they can provide. One of my absolute favorite ladies is The Goode Wife of Washington County. She is one of those people who is able to represent her thoughts in a way that is not just inspired, not just original and not just with individual flair. Several times in the past she has offered some of these outstanding figures for sale. There was one that I had my heart set on. Too late, gone before I even knew she was being offered.  Never the less, her work and patterns are easy to interpret on your own. I would never have her ability to carve and form but I can doodle in fabric! (as always, no compensation recieved or implied, just wanted to share.)
  • I had to miss my Ladies of the Cloth get together today, not my idea mind you, not mine. 
  • After I take two cars for maintenance tomorrow I have my final "learning" class for my machine. This is all about the advanced embroidery functions.
  • If I can get in gear and upload some photo's I will reveal last weeks class, an embroidered table runner.
  • It was so warm here tonight I sat in my rocking chair, on the front porch with my after dinner coffee while sweet Miss Lucy sniffed at the leaf piles. I understand that may be my last rocking coffee event for a while.
  • Just the thought is causing upsetting.
  • Out of the blue call from an old friend, so nice. 
  • Good Night.


Comments