A Field Trip to Asia and Houston via Textiles and Quilts

Sometimes you see something so precious that it needs to be shared. Such is this little bag. Rose brought some gifts she received from family who live and travel in Asia. The fabric appears to be silk with charming embroideries in each block. It measures about 6 inches on each side. Oh my, so sweet! On the top are three wooden rings and a single looped handle that threads through each ring to close the bag and to carry it.
My lame attempt to photograph the inside of the bag and its little side pockets.
Sweet little applique, sort of an Asian Sunbonnet Sue. One is a stand alone figure finished on both sides, the other secured to a small mat, like a pot holder.
Stunning silk scarf with thread fringe. Rose's Daughter was able to watch the artisan form this fringe.

Pam Buda shares her Quilt Market Photo's...WOW!   Just click on the link.

Comments

Jeanneke said…
I saw an identical little bag one year ago at a quilters' regional gathering here in The Netherlands, brought home by or sent to a woman attending the gathering. How interesting!
It has been copied already...!
Cheers,

Jeanneke.
celkalee said…
Seriously? A great idea in my mind. I am thinking it would be a special treat to use for a Birthday gift. I could use my embroidery machine:)
Jeanneke said…
The squares of one Mini Charm Pack make a lovely little bag, too.
My Q-teacher Jellie made one using such one and the rings were small sized wooden curtain rings.
Really very nice and handy!
Cheers,

Jeanneke.