One of my Absolute Favorite Quilts Ever! *and no, I didn't make it!

Last Tuesday the Sew and Sews presented several quilts. It looked like a quilt show in our work room. I will share them over the next few days but I wanted to show this one first.  I have seen lots of quilts and in my eye I have certain features that I prefer. I do like traditional patterns, I do like a nice contrast, and then there is a sweetie like this. It is stunning. Why? It combines all my favorite elements in a very nonchalant manner that totally appeals to me. Our Rose combined seemingly (well to me anyway) not typical fabrics this is the result.
Note the color gradation from purples to reds in this corner.
Notice the diagonal line formed with the nine patch blocks split with the print blocks.
See what I mean? Love it!  This beauty will be donated to the TRQ Service Project. She hopes that a lady warrior will be the recipient.

More to come, of course. It never ceases to amaze me how scrap fabrics can be combine for stunning results.  The more I study Bonnie Hunters patterns the more convinced I am that just about anything works if you have the talent of combining the pieces in a pattern. The fabric can be just about anything. I will show you some others where this concept plays out.

Comments