Good Morning

embroiderable insects
I thought this little print was so cute, in January, when all the bugs were dormant. Now, not so much! But they are very prominent in embroidery design. In a very old embroidery design book for crazy patch the stitchers of the time were reminded that there must be a spider embroidered somewhere on the quilt. While spiders are arachnids not really insects they are similar to me.  I think the bumble bee is such a great example of can-do spirit. Such hard little workers! I spent yesterday dodging the insects while finishing up some outside work in the "Knock-Out" bed. That is one amazing Rose! Someday, I would like to embroider these elements on a quilt. Put that on the to-do list!


knock out



I  decided yesterday that the studio space is just not working for me. It could be that I have waaaaay too much stuff in a small space! It could be that a couple unfinished projects are mocking me or just a stalled mojo. In any event, I find that rearranging furniture etc. tends to invigorate me. So, rather than garden today (much needed rain) baste a quilt (maybe later) or finish sewing a backing (you know I hate making backings) I will rearrange space. I spent some time late yesterday with a measuring tape,trying to come up with a workable arrangement. We will see, not looking good.

For my own information if nothing else I will take some before and after snaps. Looking back at the original setup in this space, I think I liked it better. However, that was before the Handi-quilter moved in............................

Oh my, back to where I started.
May your Thursday be filled with goodness, may we all learn something new today, and may we all be busy as bee's to advance our craft. 

Comments