The Board, The Keeper and the Pincushion-Part 2

A quick little update to finish the Studio. I covered the over the door ironing board. Finally. Here are a few quick (translate boring) photo's.

The board is hung over the back of the walk-in closet door. Nothing fancy, these are available at many retailers that sell housewares.  I picked up a Heavy Duty Plush Pad at Joann's. Since it was meant for a full size board it needed to be trimmed. I think the original price was around $10.00, but I used a 50% coupon.

I placed the pad on the board and drew a dot outline of the shape with a marker. I do apologize for the quality of the photo, the dots barely show. I hope you get the idea, this was a short cut to avoid making a pattern.  I cut 1 1/2 inches beyond the dots to account for the edge of the board and the fold over.




I needed something stable to add ties to secure the cover to the board. Moda uses a very nice heavy duty twill tape to secure Jelly Rolls, So.....I used them. I just  zig-zagged them to the underside of the board. Two on each side, one near the top, one about half way.

tied and holding the cover securely

done

my makeshift keeper is just a piece of fabric hemmed & stitched to the end of the cover, folded over to the back side and pinned up and over one of the twill tape ties.
Gratuity Moment: spacesavers

Comments