The Tuesday Teapot.....er....Turkey

In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday in the US, I thought I would add a little something to the Teapot series. Yes, Turkeys. Not one of natures most beautiful species, I spent much time in gift and art shops looking for an attractive representation.  These little beauties came from L. E. Smith Glass in Mt. Pleasant, Pa.   I picked these up several years ago, a quick look at their sight shows they are still available. What a surprise. A link to their site:    http://store.lesmithglass.com/

candidate #1 is in amber glass

the glass is lovely, captures light nicely

but that face, I think only a mother could love
candidate #2 is ruby glass

again with the face, oh well
 On the set table they look rather nice, but since my dear Son and DIL are doing Thanksgiving dinner, these ladies will just hang out on a shelf.

This area was once populated by several glass factories. Sadly, they have mostly disappeared. The pieces are now collected nationally and frequently featured in magazine set ups and television shows that cater to the home person in us. Martha Stewart has a collection. You may recognize them from this factory. And as I scan other catalogs and some larger retail stores I see copies, shame. On the bottom they are stamped....made in China.

Gratuity Moment: I started collecting before the doors closed.

Comments