Friday, October 2, 2015

Color and Contrast

A few years ago the introduction of black to the quilting world was considered a very progressive movement. Many of us caught the bug. I have a lovely collection of fabric to introduce the black option in my quilting. The fabric I chose was from the early days of pre-cuts and the pattern was adapted for the charm square. It is still waiting. Karen, however, has jumped right in to finish her project. I have always said that she has an amazing eye for color and contrast. I think it comes quite naturally for some. I tend to lean to collections where the fine points of this style are mostly decided for me.
In its unfinished state it is just lovely, when each of the fans has been appliqued it will have even more dimension. Karen plans to use a light weight tear away stabilizer under the stitched areas to assure even and well balanced stitches. Update will follow after quilting. Can't wait.

No comments: