Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!


buy chickens

 During one of my middle-of-the-night sleepless moments I heard  (on the radio) a listing by some magazine for the favorite Mothers Day Gifts. Number one, believe it or not, is time away from the children, husband, family members! The Mothers polled wanted time to themselves, time to gather thoughts and strength to get through another year. Flowers were number 6, Jewelry number 3, specifically diamonds.  I know that the greeting card companies drive the Mother's Day market and that is great. I just cannot read them anymore. No more sentimental sappy verses that leave me blank.  My current reality show is much more earthy, basic, fundamental. So I searched for another representation and look at this. From the list of God's many lifeforms even this lowly chicken has the 'Mothering' concept well in hand. Pretty bird. A Mother Chicken sharing time with the kids. Happy Mother's Day to all those who have Mothers, are Mothers, or Mother without bearing children. It's all good. Enjoy the day.

*photo from backroadsliving.com 

No comments:

Lost and Found: Making Cake for Christmas

I suspect you know by now that I had parts of this quilt done and lost the whole thing. I had it in a basket that got moved into an obsc...