Still Here, Finishing Gifts, Making Cookies!

 Perfect Pittsburgh Cookie Table Recipes For Weddings

Time has been a bit limited for sewing and blogging, for that I do apologize. I am working on some gifts that will not be posted here. Each and every session is leaving me a bit wilted. In the old days I was able to jump from one project to the next, now, not so much. I can only sit and sew for brief periods at a time so it seems to take twice as long. And here's a little tid-bit, I have two projects cut out and ready and -woosh- I cannot find them. I need to take some time in the next few days and concentrate on that. 

 The Cookie Table: A Pittsburgh Wedding Tradition - HolidappyMy pizelle are a bit different than those one sees in the shops. I make chocolate, orange, and lemon. Keeping husband away from them is the trick!

This is a super busy week for church related activities. We (The Christian Mothers group) have our major fundraiser for the year over the weekend, that is a cookie sale. Not a small venture, we are making a couple thousand lady-locks in addition to the cookies we all make at home. On Thursday, we will make fillings and stuff the little darlings. Tonight I will start my baking. Since I am not a big time fancy cookie lady, mine will be pretty basic. Interestingly, those sell quickly. My MIL was our family baker. She would make cookies, cookies, cookies. Tomorrow is a Linus stitching day, then on Friday we collect all the made cookies, tag them with ingredients to warn of nut allergies, etc.   

Saints Joachim and Anne Parish - Elizabeth, PAMy church life is very important to me. During the last two years of pandemic, we worked very hard to keep the spirit of our work in the community alive and well. Needs have not changed and we continue to raise money to provide scholarships to young people no matter what their choice of higher education. In these days of inflation every penny helps.

With the holidays approaching quickly, I must add that all my major shopping is done. I have several small gifts to pick up and wrap. Our gifts to our delivery people, postman, trash collectors, et. al. are already prepared. These wonderful people have been life savers for us and all during the pandemic and even now. I admit to ordering some basics and essentials to avoid travel and exposure to additional illness. 

 Where Has All the Gift Wrapping Gone? - WSJ

So in summary, posts will likely be a bit thin until the end of the year. I do have some new plans for 2023.

Take care, enjoy the preparations.

Ideas, we all need ideas, right? I've been scanning around a bit. Mixing up traditional Christmas plans might be one the list. What do you think of this one? Maybe even on a small scale for me. Mmmmm!

 Teatime. What can I say, since I didn't win the big lottery, I will likely remove this from my Christmas wish list, but isn't she a beauty?

Have you noticed the lack of manners these days? I saw this article and thought I would share. I remember being chastised strongly if I didn't follow the rules, A Good Read HERE>

 That says it all.


Comments