And That's a Wrap for 2022!

 Boleslawiec*Village in Poland

Good Morning dear readers! What an interesting day here in Sewtopia. I think I have every light on in the house. I rarely do that, but it seems a bit of cheer was required today. With our holiday week coming to a close, I almost feel like I have to pack in as much joy as possible. A lovely Pinot Grigio is chilling as we speak. Some friends are going to pop by later and that will more or less wrap up the visiting week here. 

The new kitchen saga continues. The troublesome new bi-fold kitchen cabinet door that did it's job without complaint or lack of function for 47 years, has dropped some screws. Yes, it is an ugly sight. The company sent out an investigator who readily admitted it had been installed improperly and that they would build a new door with a different hinge system, no problem. 4-6 weeks will be required of our patience. Husband explained that every time I hear their advertisement on television my stress valve goes off. I controlled myself nicely I must say. With my Christmas decorations and Polish Pottery everywhere (I still have lots to put away, you know, platters, serving dishes and pitchers) One young man remarked that he was of Polish heritage and had never seen that much Polish Pottery in one place. I know. Right before they arrived I had baked "cheater" cinnamon rolls. You know, the Pillsbury ones in the can? They are a decent substitute. I know the one young man wanted one, he asked, the other scolded him in a way and they left, without baked goods. Was he afraid that I had tainted them in some way? Because of our contentious history? Who knew a cinnamon roll could have such impact?

For the first time in a very long time I have been dealing with sniffles this week, and sneezing. It was really a wake up call. I felt like there was no wind in my sails, it was all in my sneeze. Now I know how my husband feels when he has a cold and says he is surely dying. May be an image of text that says 'I have a lot to Be thankful for but I'm going to give a special shoutout to elastic ~Thoughts From Aisle'So to close out 2022 I just want to thank all my readers for your attention and wish you a wonderful end of the year weekend. May you have a long, happy, and healthy New Year.

 

 

Comments

marly said…
Thank you, to you and yours also. I'm impressed that the young man recognized Polish pottery!
celkalee said…
Best wishes on the first day of the New Year. I hope that your health will soon be so improved that each stitch will be joyful, all the colors of DMC will make sense, and pattern makers double check their work. Best wishes to your family as well, Happy New Year.