Discovery, An Artist, Are There Fairies in the Forest?

My orchid that bloomed one time, one. She was beautiful, now all I have is leaves, nice, green, drooping all over the place. I am supporting those leaves with chop sticks, don't laugh, I'm serious. On a recent lunch gathering with former classmates we went to a Chinese Restaurant. I gathered them all after lunch. They are a wee bit short, I may have to come up with something else.  

As the tragedy in Texas unfolds I am overwhelmed, physically sick. I can't watch it anymore. It is just too much. At a time like this, I know that sometimes we just want to escape, to send your thoughts to a happy place. On a day much like that about 2 months ago, I was scanning the YouTube channels and discovered The Cottage Fairy, Paola Merrill. A talented young woman, she documents her life in her woodland cottage, the magic of the forest around her, as well as her amazing water color art. 

As a reader, often more than one book at a time not including the cookbooks, I cherish my bookmarks. She has an Etsy shop! There she has examples of her work. In about a week, my chosen pieces arrived. Beautifully packed and so charming I just had to share.  

Her items would be wonderful gifts to include in birthday cards or included with a little basket of muffins to a friend in need of a cheer up. 

One video I watched, while she was walking in a wildflower strewn forest floor, she remarked that she may have seen some fairies flitting among the flowers and moss covered boulders. She had me there! 

The little note cards have featured literary quotes and are adorned with her exquisite water color painting. A link to her most recent video, and she just got married, HERE

A link to her Etsy shop, HERE.

One more bookmark I needed to share, this beautiful embroidered silk and tasseled one, a gift from Shannon Ables, the author of the book I am reading, The Road to Le Papillion. This is her third book.


  The Road to Le Papillon: Daily Meditations on True Contentment by [Shannon Ables]This one is a "day book" with daily readings of inspiration and insight, references to her other books and her blog. I have been following her blog for about 10 years. It is entertaining and informative in many ways. ******Neither of these endorsements are reimbursed. They are my personal choices, favorite find. 

*the silk bookmark was imported from the Cash's in the UK. They have been in business since the 19th century. (I know, to me that was last week.)   HERE is a link to some of the beautiful bookmarks if you are interested, or just Google the name and other sources appear.    

If you have an embroidery machine, you could make these. Now, I have not tried to do that but I have seen some on different blogs and Instagram accounts. One day I will try it! *photos from my property

 About the Cottage Fairy

Comments