A Friday This and That, Books

 Happy Friday! As the weekend approaches I like to line up my reading material, Sundays are a rest, read, and relaxation day. Sometimes I just read the current novel that tends to get shuffled to right before bedtime, but often it is a new cookbook, a day book to catch up on, or just scan something new, and interesting. 

This week several of my favorite periodicals are stacked and ready for scanning. My "Block" magazine arrived, A Victoria Bliss has been in the queue, and my Threads current issue is waiting patiently. 


This happy little tome has just arrived, more information on that soon.

Of course, Julia Child is always at hand as I search the index and wish I had a fraction of her skill. This one has to be a hard copy, of course!


I was recently notified of the pre-release order from an author that I enjoy. Natalie Jenner, the author of such charming books as The Jane Austin Society, Teatime in the Jane Austin Club, the new release is titled  Bloomsbury Girls. On May 17th it will download to my Kindle. I rarely purchase hard copies anymore because the library shelves cannot admit another member, therefore, many books will be moving to new homes.  Bloomsbury Girls: A Novel

  • I have a fascination with Vintage campers and trailers. I remember the first time I watched the movie with Lucy and Ricki Ricardo, "The Long Trailer!" What a Hoot!!!  This one caught my eye. There is a television series I happened upon, I can't remember the name, or the station, but it centered around young Romany Gypsy women setting up housekeeping in their own trailer. Called "Travelers," their first homes after marriage were decked out and personalized. Here is the link to a Vintage beauty! Built in the 1970's, it was imported from the UK. The link to all the photo's, HERE!
  • On Sundays I tend to make lists, check schedules, and catch up on my journal as well. 
  • If you are local (meaning Pittsburgh area) just know that the beautiful show at Phipps that opens on May 7th is a ode to Claude Monet.  

 Water Lilies, Claude Monet, Reproduction - Canvas Art & Reproduction Oil  PaintingsWater Lillies,  his work is iconic of the style. I can't wait to see this interpretation in floral display!

 What I'm reading now, almost complete, a study in contrasts and fun. I always wanted to own a bookstore. This middle aged lady owns a Victorian building and sells Used books. Her trials and tribulations are documented in notes and emails. It is a good read.

Confessions of a Curious Bookseller: A Novel by [Elizabeth Green]

 

I have just started reading this one, so far, charming!Toujours la France!: Living the Dream in Rural France (The Good Life France Book 3)

Comments