Re-Run #4, A Peek into 2022, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

This is re-run #4, sort of a preview to a direction I will choose in 2022. What would that be, you ask? Scraps, dear friends, scraps. I've got a million of them. Too good to toss, some color ways in common, but yowsers, they are taking over so my plan into the New Year is to get moving and use them up. I do not want to be remembered as the woman who was buried alive in her quilt studio because the stacks of fabric have fallen over!

Seriously, as surprised as I am that the year is ending, I am ready, really ready to move on. My aches and pains seem magnified by cold weather so I have to keep busy and keep moving. My post-holiday clean up will include some sorting of jelly roll left overs, half square triangles cut and not used, as well as orphan blocks and squares. I like the way Bonnie Hunter addresses a project like this. She works on it, often for a year or two at a time. For example, she is finishing up a yo-yo quilt that has been in the works for years. She has a string project that is calling my name. I have done several and they do indeed use up the bits and pieces. We'll talk about this next month. In the meantime, just look at these star blocks, who doesn't like a star?

FacebookFriday, The Starflower Quilt, Quilters Digest


This little cutie is named the "Starflower Quilt." What a great way to make a scrappy quilt even if you're not just using scraps! It is one block, 4 rows by 4 blocks and you can make it any size you wish, the single block finishes at 18 1/2 inches. Tutorial HERE!No photo description available.

I am becoming more and more enamored with scrap quilts. Not just single scrap but even the little pieces being scrap pieced, ala Bonnie Hunter.

Starflower Quilt Block
Here is a close-up, nothing we haven't seen before but in scrappy form, it takes on a new personality.
  • Do you plan your projects and time for quilting?
  • Do you have a scrap savers system or make scrappy quilts from existing yardage or pre-cuts?
  • Have you ever made a Bonnie Hunter quilt?
  • I really like the white background on this one.
If you take a virtual visit of Bonnie's Quiltville Inn, due to open this spring, you will see how she uses her quits on beds, as decor and home goods. I am smitten, I have to say. But the predominant theme is scraps. Of course, there are some two-color and 4 color quilts but those tonal scrappy quilts are to die for!
Quiltville Tour HERE!

Comments