Deck the Halls, 2021

 Ten Favorite Trees: A Victoria Christmasnot my tree, darn!

 Christmas Decor at Sewtopia is often dictated by circumstance, most often, particularly in the last three years, by a four-legged terror! Christmas tree, on the floor, talk about impending disaster. So adjustments have been made. This year a tree or two will return and hopefully she will be more compliant with the rules. Wish me luck. 

Like many, I have oodles of ornaments. What to do? What to do? I found this photo somewhere and was reminded that I made a display like this years ago. My ornaments were those originally used during my "Victorian" phase. Beautiful items that needed to celebrate the holiday. Today I will enter the great holiday storage room, brush aside a spider web or two and try to sort the bins where everything is stored. I think I will do this again this year, probably in the family room. I'll report back. 

My little goose feather tree is back on the bedroom dresser. The ornaments are tiny Hallmark pieces, gifted to me by my sons in their childhood. It is a small collection. It is more than special. 

  • Sorry I have been AWOL, I did some computer upgrades (what was I thinking?) and sort of created all sorts of issues. Things disappeared, screens freeze up, keyboard glitches. 
  • I think we are OK, we will see. 
  • I have been collecting some cookie recipes. I don't bake much, never did. My MIL was our cookie maker and let me just say, stand back because when she was on a roll there was not an inch of space in her house. Cookies everywhere.
  • I have a couple tried and true but I wanted to branch out a bit for the church bake sale. Update next week. I plan to start next weekend. 
  • Seeing friends, some out-of-town visitors and those nearby has been such a lift since last years isolation. Lots of laughter and sharing, some with new babies, some with painful losses, all part of our current chapter.  


Comments