A Few Re-Runs For A Busy Week!

 

I know I said that I was on a pause for a while, but I have some time left after doing some computer work and thought, why not share some old favorites? And here we are! This is my only free Tuesday for a while so I am headed to Phipps Conservatory for the annual Christmas Flower Show. Always beautiful, I hear this year's selections are stunning. That said, into the New Year, how is that possible already? Tea Time Tuesday will continue, likely once a month. I plan to catalog all the tea pots this year for various reasons and will share them here as well. 

Early on in this blog, tea time was defined a bit differently than it is now. It was an "occasion!" Friends far and wide, friends no longer with us, and this darn pandemic, has caused me to restructure, at least for a while.  My daily tea break is important in that I take a bit of time to read a favorite book, journal, make lists etc. It needs to be productive in my mind while being a respite from day to day responsibilities. 

In that context, welcome to August, don't I wish instead of it being the first day of Winter 2021, 2012. Have a wonderful day. Take some time for you, it will be like money in the bank!

The Tuesday Tea Tray

I was reminded recently that I have been falling off on the Tea posts. It is true. I have been neglectful. Excuse number 1, I forgot a few times. Excuse number 2, I was busy and excuse number 3, I was too lazy to dig around in that closet, driven by guilt because it needed to be cleaned and that is an immense job. All are true.

No excuse today, enter the current tea tray. I like to have everything currently in use in one spot. It makes life easier, I just need to boil the water.

Meet the Polish Pottery everyday set up.
This tray, which is a baking dish by the way, sits on my dining room table. The teapot bottom left has been seen before, behind it is a little tray with a sugar bowl (with sweet and low packets) a small creamer and a few antique silver spoons. Front right are little Lady Mugs, a Christmas gift from my Son and Daughter-in-law a few years ago. A small crystal dish in the front center holds my lemon slices. The tea ball sits on this tray as well, I fill it from a tin, pop it in the pre-heated pot and add the boiled water. Voila' tea time.    Soon this set will be swapped out for something with a fall theme.

Comments