The First Tea Time Tuesday of 2021!

It is my sincere desire to be able to find my teapots by next month. Seriously, if you would see my first floor you would twitch. I'll save you from this, it is not pretty. The kitchen re-do continues, almost done. Please, almost done!

Tea Party, Tea, Black And White, Teapot, Drink, Vintage
 Tea Time, the daily respite for anyone who just needs a few minutes to rest, reflect, enjoy. Tea Time has been a staple here for years, and that is a good thing. This month I am celebrating my Son's wonderful partner. She is observant and noticed very early on how important tea time is to me. Also a Sewist and knitter, she and I have another connection, tea.

For Christmas she enhanced my Tea passion with some new accoutrements, a new type of tea for me. So today, we open a new tin. I has snowed here, only 3 inches or so, and it is pretty, but I am so done with Winter.

P. Allen Smith shared this photo recently. Such a stunning setting. His home and farm and garden outside of Little Rock, Ark. is like a perfect example of what I would like to visit, so inspiring and while it is a structured garden, it is flowing and beautiful modeled after an English garden of his mentor. 

  • I am taking an online quilt doodling class from Julia Quiltoff, it is great fun. She gives instruction that teaches us to coordinate hand-eye to hand-sew shapes. Some of these I have done early on, when I had my sit-down quilter. As soon as the mess is cleared I will head to the machine. Right now I have only tested a few of the designs, I am having a hard time concentrating. (Julia's You Tube Videos, HERE.
  • The silver teapot in the lead photo reminds me of how much I have to polish. I recently saw a video by Linda Smith Davis of New England Fine Living using hot water, baking soda and salt. Now, she did not use this on Sterling, but on the plated pieces. They responded very well. I did this once, years ago, with poor results. I will try again. (video cleaning silver, HERE.)
  • Current Reads: always looking for the bright side, Positive Thinking is a day to day read. Jacques Pepin is always a good read, even if you do not cook, but this book is one that covers technique. Difficult to find, very pricey if you do, I downloaded it to Kindle. Not the same as a book-in-hand, but a great read. Holly Banks, in the village of Primm, this lady has one adventure after another. The first book was entertaining and engaging. It is good, not great. I'm finishing it now, mostly because I paid full price. In addition, I broke down and purchased The Word on Fire Bible. It is a very detailed compendium of the Gospels. It is a stunning piece of work and the detail is amazing. It is a Catholic Bible. It is worth every penny, beautifully bound and printed, dotted with photos of paintings and maps of the Holy Land..  
  •    A Year of Positive Thinking: Daily Inspiration, Wisdom, and Courage  

Jacques Pépin New Complete Techniques, A Sampler: 13 Techniques, 7 RecipesThe Peculiar Fate of Holly Banks: A Novel (Village of Primm Book 2)

I need a library. Word on Fire Bible - The Gospels (Leatherbound)

Comments