The Transition Seasons, a This and That

 

The last blooms, a little dusty in color, not as vibrant from the stem. Still happy because they are. As we should be, somethings just are. Not planned, certainly not chosen, just because.  

A small collection of Smith Glass Amber. A fall theme, a pumpkin, a giant acorn, a squirrel on a large walnut, a basket, a cake pedestal, a candle lamp and a chicken.

A photo from last year, the Almanac did not predict the situation we are now in but the warty pumpkin was probably a warning. Of course, I had no idea. 

Recent reports warn us of a difficult Winter ahead. Converging virus may keep us in an indefinite quarantine. Not the news any of us are wishing to hear, but, there you have it. I am trying to plan ahead to avoid the "quarantine crazies!" 

Part of my preparations involve finding a new calendar/journal for 2021, searching for the the next day book for study for my book club, and sorting out clothes and other household items that are no longer in use. I am also looking for some lovely stationary because one of my plans for the dregs of Winter is to write more, well, at least write some! I had to laugh, I get a weekly report from Grammerly that tells me how many words I write, per week, how many times they correct my spelling and sentence structure, and how much better I would be if I upgraded my package. Ha, didn't see that coming right? On average, I write 78,000 words per week. What? I know, how does that happen? Well, two blogs, a couple online book clubs, smart mouth comments on social media and essential e-mail, well yes, we come up with that fantastical number.  

I am reminded of a day book from 2019, Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort of Joyit was one I had read and re-read, learning more with each project. The quote below was taken from Sarah's research.

"If the state of your home is continuous chaos, make it a priority to bring order into your home. After rhythm, establishing a sense of order is perhaps the most important thing you can do to promote your own and your family's sense of well being. Not to mention that no mother can think clearly, never mind celebrate family life, existing in clutter. "
~ Sarah Ban Breathnach, Mrs. Sharp's Traditions 
 
While I really don't want to read this particular book for the 4th time, it is in the genre that I am seeking. 
Inspiration, motivation, introspection, and diversion will be required...I may be asking much too much from a single tome. 
  • Yesterday I had the AC running, today the heat. 
  • I am having second thoughts about the tear-up of the kitchen. The last time we did this we still had the Summer Cottage. I escaped the commotion by living up there until it was done. This time I have no escape. 
  • One of my new favorite past-times is a show titled "Escape to the Country." A BBC production seen on channel 196 Comcast, it provides an opportunity to see people leaving the big cities in England and looking for the perfect country house. Three houses are presented with each show, from 15th century to the 20th, these homes and properties are breathtaking. Maybe I could hang out there until this kitchen thing is done?
  • I have not stitched a thing. The creative wasteland is real.   

 This is the large maple tree in my western side garden. I call her The Big Sister. I have been taking regular photo's of her transformation from green to bare. I will share soon.

She had little tipped orange branches three weeks ago. Now, the changes are dramatic, daily! Have a lovely Fall weekend. Toodles.

 

Comments