Palm Sunday Afternoon Tea

 Early Easter Decor here is sparse. I happened upon a few items that were not packed away with the other items and thought to myself.....how did you get here? Looking for a certain bundt pan led to this little collection of wooden speckled eggs, in a bag, tucked inside. I unearthed this little Chrystal Gallway basket and Ta-Da...something for the Tea table. 

I remember the day I bought them. It was a good day with a friend. We were professional shoppers then.
A quick little Sunday afternoon tea, simple lemon cake cupcakes in their Tulip papers. (Wilton, 2 years ago, not sure if they are still available.)
This little spray with similar wooden eggs, in pink, was stored along side. 
Smith Glass Bunny in antique secretary with some of the tea pots.

Same Bunny, in Green. Spring colors, sure beats the mountain of white stuff still piled outside in the garden!


This is a real blown out egg shell, painted in the Polish Pottery theme. Very fragile, only sees the light of day at Easter. It is safely tucked inside a tea pot for the remainder of the year.
  
 So, come sit with me, pour a cup of your favorite tea and share a cake. I have some nice little discoveries for you.


TISSUE KEEPER-I have seen little like this in several places but this tutorial is a favorite.
COZY BOWL-I received one of these as a gift about a year ago, use it every day.
ROPE BASKET-I keep saying I am going to make one of these, it is on my list!

  • I have spent the last 40 days taking an online Theology course. It is likely the most profound and enlightening reading I have ever experienced.
  • Easter is my most important holiday, the bunnies and eggs are nice but this week is very special and spiritual.
  • Our Easter Day dinners used to be large and complicated. Now they are much smaller, less complicated and more important to me. It's not about the food, the candy, the Easter "Outfit." I can't remember when I intentionally bought an item of clothing just for the Easter parade.  
  • I hope to finish the Easter Basket linen in time to share it with you. I am far behind I'm afraid, so many other directions to travel before I make my way to the studio!

Comments