Flowers on Quilts and in Gardens


Can you even believe tomorrow is April 1st? I remember my elder relatives commenting that in some ways time moves along at double speed once you retire, and in other ways it slows to a crawl. I now understand their concept. I am garden dreaming again, The Backyard Botanist is always right there studying the greening of the plants and the condition of the spent soil. Should I keep the raised beds? Is the landscaper going to want to remove this, or that?
 
When I look to the West side garden I see this. I know, what a great imagination! But seriously, this is quite similar to what I have envisioned here for 45 years. When my lottery ticket comes in, this little garden seen on Pinterest (no attribution) will be under construction.

Now, returning to the real world lets look at some Applique-in-Progress by quilty friend Linda from the Ladies of the Cloth group.
Current block in progress. This is just one of her stunning blocks that will go in this quilt. This is needle turned applique. Beautiful invisible stitches.
  Her fabric selection is just perfect.
Glorious color, brilliant contrast, and precision stitching is a hallmark of her work. Each of her applique projects are just lovely. Thank You Linda!
  • After seeing her work I came home and looked at a needle turn project I did, probably 10 years ago. I have done one. It was rather clunky. The blocks are all done. Not assembled. Every year it is on my To Do List. It is this year too!
  • Since it is still cold here these are the only flowers I have seen.
  • Have a Blessed Easter and Passover. 

Comments