She's Creeping Up On Us, Valentine's Day That Is!

source: Bird in Hand Primitives

 The best thing about January is that it is ending. I would like to be more kind but there you have it. Not my month.  While it is depressing for many after the Holidays that is just not the reason for me. It is the conditioned response to clean and purge. The downside of that is I keep finding more and more items in the "not or semi finished state!"  The subsequent need to finish them tends to sideline more imminent projects.

Another cross stitch project that has been shifted from storage drawer to cupboard to bin for many years, this one finally has an ending. If you listen closely you might hear a sound of relief.
  Do you remember this little panel?  I have a dear Friend who dreamed of having a two story Victorian style house. For years we shopped and fashioned that idea. Her current dwelling is a lovely ranch style house but once you open the front door, a semi-Victorian  tasteful display abounds.  I started making this for her a few years ago, lost the panel and chart, then found the panel, not the chart. I went rogue and finished it my way. The original was a framed piece I think but I went another way.   After a few minutes deliberation it decided it wanted to be a mini-pillow and a mini-pillow it is.

The back is made with a felted and over-dyed wool. It is actually a bit more Primitive than it probably should be for a Victorian Street Scene but now was probably not the time to think about it. A little late on the mark with this one!

Now on to a little Domestic break. So Sorry for the dark photo, not sure why that happened but this is another found during the purge project. The towel was purchased a year or two ago and stored with the other towels waiting for embroidery, applique or trim. There are two of them. The bottom on this one is a piece of toile left over from making kitchen curtains. Just enough for this and a few scraps left over. The overall look is good, I used a giant ric-rac as well. This one is done differently than prior ones and I will share that process on the next towel post. It is easy. I like to keep these available for quick hostess or shower gifts. I am thinking this one is staying here, with me. 
  • Nothing like finishing up these little projects. Some of these will be gifts. That puts me a little ahead of some upcoming events. 
  • I am thinking that many of my wools need a stabilizer to fulfill their destiny. A light to medium weight fusible interfacing would work well. 

A Mother's Love, Elephant Style. click on the link to see this sweet little video.

Comments