She Shares Links and Photo's of Someone Else's House

So here's the story quilters. A few weeks ago, Mr. and I were on a little road trip and we passed the most stunning Victorian house. In our youth we wanted a house like this and did some searching but could not find quite what we wanted without having to invest huge amounts of money in restoration. Then I remembered an article in a magazine..."Victorian Home" that showcased a New house being built in farm country in Pennsylvania.  Could this be the one?

With as much finesse as possible I rolled down the window and took a picture from a distance....then remarked we needed to get closer. I didn't have the big camera with me, it has a great telephoto lens so closer and closer we went.

The side entrance, I think. Notice the Purple Martin bird house, the bell on the corner of the house. I have a bell that is similar hanging on my front porch, I need to take a photo for you. Notice also stained glass windows, lace curtains, paint colors on the trim work, the turret on the left as well as the bay window and lovely shingle pattern on its roof.
wrapping around to the front entrance, just look at all those stunning pink baskets of flowers!!!! More  Stained gla'ss, frosted and leaded glass on the front doors and all the amazing Gingerbread wood trim on the porch. You can just barely see the Wicker furniture and ferns on the porch as well.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I rest my case. Absolutely beautiful. Just look at that little balcony on the second story and another turret on the left. Lattice wood work on the porch skirting. To the left is a sweet little sitting garden. Oh, my.
Yet another angle. No Victorian farm house was complete without lightening rods. Notice also that there are so many different shapes and sizes of the windows. I was starting to think we my be arrested so this was the last photo as we turned around and went back up the road.  I wanted to knock on the door to ask if it was OK to take the pictures but husband thought I might get hauled away in a little white coat, but I swear this was the house in that magazine! I am sorting through years and years of old copies looking for that article. And yes, this is a new house built in the Victorian fashion. Be still my heart.

The following links will take you to some new to me sites that I thought were interesting and informational and also inspirational (like a glorious Victorian house) if you need a little bump!
Have a great Wednesday.
 
Amy's Free Motion Quilting Adventures, working on the "C's!"

Un-sewing with a beard trimmer type device.

More Patterns than all of us will ever use in a lifetime!

New to me blog, stunning color in beautiful quilts! 

Comments