|this years theme was Leaves-this was my view from my booth|
|Best of Show and Best Long-Arm Machine Quilting-this photo does not do it justice!|
|Betty Jane's challenge quilt, Leaves|
|close-up of leaves-too cute!|
A brief summary of comments:
|amazing-the turquoise made the design pop|
- Basket Winners were thrilled, of course. They had never won anything at a quilt show and were pleased with their gift. Whew! One generous lady had won last years raffle quilt and didn't purchase quilt tickets because she wanted someone else to have the opportunity to win! She won the most popular basket, a traditional themed basket with a complex pattern and book for paper piecing. She was going to gift it to a friend who is just learning to quilt.
- We had three sewing machines donated by three different vendors at the show. Each of the machine winners was ecstatic. These were perfect machines for going to classes and general sewing. They are full functioned, modern and light weight. A big, big plus for the one who needs to tote multiple items to a class. Each was a younger woman, new to quilting, who now have an amazing incentive to get to a quilt class.
- Every person I talked to, except for one lady's husband, stated they were inspired by what they saw, what they purchased and the general atmosphere of the venue. (the husband by the way also complained about the weather, the parking, the crowds, big city traffic, the lack of a food, etc. etc.)
- Even those who won prizes for their work had some mixed feelings about the comments but I suspect this is normal. (disclaimer: I did not have a quilt in the show, my work, in my opinion, is not show worthy)
- After hours and hours of work several ladies commented that they were terribly disappointed because it was their best work yet and just was not good enough. They were not going to enter again. Hopefully, they will reconsider after some time has passed and they will continue to work on their skills. (I keep at it and one day will enter)
- Most stated that they agreed with the judges comments and will work to improve for next years show.
***more photo's to come