Walking a Painful Path

In the wake of the devastation in Oklahoma yesterday, I have chosen to say just a few words. Everyday, every single day, I walk a painful path where the unbearable loss of a child haunts me. There is absolutely nothing I can say to describe the emotions that walking this path evoke. I walk here daily, with His dogs, and try to remember the good times, the good life, and unfortunately the future that has been lost. For those dear little souls lost and their parents and families who must now also walk a lonely path my thoughts and prayers go with you.

As the days proceed, we will see many disturbing images and be overwhelmed by enormous loss of person, property and sense of stability. Life for the rest of us goes on, of course. The sun shines, people go about their busy lives and share the joys of that life with their children. As it should be. Just try to remember those parents who are now foundering and be thankful for your own little ones who bless your life.

Comments

gwensews said…
I cannot begin to imagine your pain, or the pain of anyone who has lost a child. It's difficult just to think of it. I know I am blessed every day that my daughter and her children are well. I do not take that for granted. Blessings to you and everyone suffering a loss.
Corinne said…
Thank you Dear Gwen. I have learned to compartmentalize my life and my grief to keep on track. However, events like this do derail me. My heart absolutely breaks for all of them.