A Field Trip to Kathy's Kreations-a World of Yarn

In a charming village, not too far away, is a fabulous knit shop. The village is Ligonier, Pa. and the knit shop is Kathys-Kreations. It was a beautiful day last week when a dear friend and I visited. I had been receiving the monthly newsletter from this shop for a year or so and had it on my must visit list. I was not disappointed. When we entered the shop we were greeted by Kathy, in person. She was returning from an errand to the post office to send an article she had written for a knitting magazine.
 As soon as you enter the shop you are greeted with a cozy atmosphere bursting with color and texture. The yarns are like looking at ice cream in rows and rows on this hot summer day.


Wool and heat may sound like an incongrous match this day, but I am a s-l-o-w knitter and I need to get an early start on my project.



 I am going to attempt to stretch my skills a bit, beyond the basic scarf and afghan and have chosen a nice little project for fall.




Considering my sensitivity to wool, Kathy showed me several yarns with different fiber combinations that would work well for my project.
 I think that samples in a knit shop are essential. How else does one picture the project, feel the yarns, presume to knit or crochet it themselves?

Kathy's shop does not disappoint. The samples are glorious.







A knitter, teacher and designer, Kathy gave us a tour of her shop and spent much time helping each of us choose a project and the best yarn for it.


Any knitting or crochet accessory you might need is also available in the shop.

A variety of classes are available here and mail orders are welcome.

The website is full of information to help the new and experienced beginners.  

Gratuity Moment: The generosity of small business owners, knitters, women.

***photo gallery from Kathy's website

 

Comments