Thursday, April 3, 2014

More Quilters Eye Candy from the TRQ Show

Each block in the above quilt has a barn in the center. They are difficult to see in this photo. However, I was initially drawn to the beautiful applique cone flowers. Nice work.
I absolutely love the colors in this one and the lovely applique as well.
This old fashioned style quilt was grabbing my eye as soon as I saw it. Placed on a rack like this I didn't see it right away. It was facing other quilts but I think it would have been stunning seen at a distance as well. Just me I guess but a quilt like this with multiples, many small multiples and gorgeous quilting really impressed me. The photo below shows a close up of the Dresden's, these measured about 5-6 inches in diameter, I didn't measure them. Soon I hope to show you others, like this but much smaller done by someone I know.
Remember this?
Well. that's all for now. Of course, there is more. Tee-Hee! ! ! So much more! I am veering away from my one to two times a week plan just for this. Quilt shows are the exception to the rule:)

1 comment:

Jeanneke said...

How wonderful!
A friend of mine is working on 20 pieces' Dresden Plates too and oh, they are awesome! Almost delicate, I think.
Cheers,

Jeanneke.

What Do You Do With All That Rosemary?

My china closet that houses only the Polish Pottery collection, well, some of it. That little space below the hutch is not much good for ...