Monday, December 30, 2013

The Last Monday of the Year, Some Musings

The Christmas Tree at the Point, Pittsburgh, Pa.

  • The Farmers Almanac Is surprisingly accurate with weather predictions.
  • Seed catalogs are the most inspiring mail I receive.
  • I really dislike un-decorating.
  • Who made 'end of sentence high-tone like a question' speech fashionable? Is that Valley Speech? It is as annoying as fingernails scratching a black board!
  • Windows 8 is a total frustration. Who designs this stuff?
  • Will it go away quickly like XP? I may uninstall this and install 7. Just a thought.
  • I will be glad to return to a normal day-in-the-life routine.
  • My linen closet is a disaster, all that unearthing of Holiday linens, and guess what? I found my Halloween Black Lace Spiderweb tablecloth.  A little late on that one.
  • If I never hear Michael Bolton screaming on and on about a certain automobile it will be way too soon. As a result of that miserably produced promotion I would never, ever buy one of those cars!
  • If I use the voice prompt editing soft-wear on this computer will it pick up dog barks? Will it print them as bark-bark? Or just as electronic noise? Can you tell I have been spending too much time on this computer?
  • That light in the sky in Missouri, was it really a meteor? Did anyone call Mulder and Skully? Why not? Geez, do I have to think of everything?
  • I'll stop now. 

And Last but not Least....I am working on some goals for 2014. NOT resolutions. That has never worked out for me. But recently I have read  bloggers lamenting their lists of unfinished projects. One person said she had 104 on her spreadsheet, another 92 and a few in the 40's and 50's! What? No wonder they are beyond overwhelmed. Then I thought about it a bit. While I am no where near that number I have admitted to being a "sprinter." I define that as someone who is thrilled with the design and sourcing of a project. I love doing the test blocks, the patterns, the fabric matching. Then........blah. I loose interest. I suppose the people I mentioned do much the same thing, but on a much larger scale.  As a result, I am working on defining some goals, breaking them into workable segments and completing the three quilts I have started and get going on the one that has me all excited to start. That makes four, total. That is workable isn't it?

No comments:

What Do You Do With All That Rosemary?

My china closet that houses only the Polish Pottery collection, well, some of it. That little space below the hutch is not much good for ...